We may receive information about you:
- If you contact us directly, via our website or our customer services teams – through applying for one of our products or services, or to make an enquiry or other request.
- From our network of franchised dealers, to whom you have given your information.
- Occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
- If you apply for a position within JCT600 Limited.
We may use your information (which we receive from you or third parties, or information that we learn about you from the way you use our products or services), for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- To provide or manage any information, products or services you have asked for.
- To help us identify you when you contact us.
- For general administration purposes.
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services.
- To help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering.
- To help us recover debts.
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling.
- To identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services (please see below).
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- Our other group companies in the UK and abroad.
- Authorised franchised dealerships within the JCT600 Limited network.
- Our carefully chosen business partners who provide products or services under one of our group companies.
- Our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as marketing agencies and data management firms.
We may also pass your information to third parties:
- If we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes.
- In relation to existing or future legal proceedings.
- In the process of selling one or more of our businesses, or to anyone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you.
- For the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies.
Informing you about our products and services:
We may use your information to contact you with news on products or services provided/sold by JCT600 Group Limited and products and services provided by other group companies, (or our carefully selected business partners), which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes.
We and these other parties may contact you by post, phone, e-mail, SMS and other electronic means.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us on products and services by ticking the appropriate box (if providing your information on www.jct600.co.uk), or at any time by calling the dealership you provided your information to in the first instance (dealership contact details can be found on this website). Alternatively you can contact JCT600 Limited directly on 0113 250 2600, or write to us: Database Manager, JCT600 Limited, Tordoff House, Apperley Lane, Apperley Bridge, BD10 0PQ
We may inform you when inviting you to provide your personal details, that by providing these details you will be indicating your agreement to receive marketing communication by these means. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all of our marketing communication, or you can contact us at any time at the address or telephone number above.
Please be aware that if you opt out of marketing communications received from one dealership within the JCT600 network, your personal information may also be held by another dealership within JCT600 Limited, you will continue to receive information from that dealership until such time as you opt out of marketing activity from that dealership specifically.
Please note if you purchase a vehicle from a franchised dealership that is not part of the JCT600 network, or otherwise give your information to such a dealership, or to a manufacturer directly, you will have a separate relationship with that organisation in respect of the use of your data and you will need to contact the organisation concerned, in relation to any request you may have in regards to that organisations use of your data.
The range of products and services offered by JCT600 Limited, group companies or selected business partners include, but is not limited to:
- Vehicle sales.
- Motor related products and services, including (amongst other things) vehicle aftersales care, finance, leasing and ancillary insurances, vehicle accessories, vehicle emergency service, vehicle warranties and motor insurance.
- Personal finance products.
Our group companies trading in the UK include:
JCT600 (Yorkshire) Limited
JCT600 Contracts Limtied
JCT600 (South Yorkshire) Limited
JCT600 (Rawdon) Limited
JCT600 Limited internet sites:
We try to keep our websites secure. However you recognise when providing your information to us through our websites, or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by e-mail, that the internet and e-mail communications over the internet may not be secure. JCT600 Limited cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet, which is beyond our control.
When you visit our web site, our web server automatically records your IP address, the web site from which you visit us, the web pages you actually visit and the date and length of your visit. Personal data is only stored if volunteered by you, for example in the context of an enquiry, a survey, entering a promotional contest etc.
A ‘cookie’ is a piece of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk, so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content of our site to match your preferred interests; including any ‘favourite vehicles’ or ‘vehicle comparisons’ you may save.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on JCT600 Limited internet sites: session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer, (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our websites if cookies are disabled.
You can find information on how to disable or enable cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org